Freqently Asked Question
What's my foreign exchange entitlement (limit) for personal / leisure travel?
Not exceeding US Dollars 10000 in a financial year; can be utilized in one or more number of visits. This scheme used to be called Basic Travel Quota (BTQ).
Are children and minors also entitled to foreign exchange when they travel abroad ?
Yes, children of all ages are allowed same entitlements (limits) as adults
What is the foreign exchange entitlement (limit) for business travel?
• Up to US$ 25,000 per business trip, irrespective of period of stay and number of times in a financial year
• Personal travel can be combined with business travel and additional forex up to USD 10,000 per annum can be drawn over and above business travel entitlement
• Within above entitlements upto US$ 3,000 in Currency notes per visit are allowed. The rest must be carried in any other form
Is there a separate limit for carrying currency notes ?
Travellers are allowed to purchase foreign currency notes/coins only up to US$ 3000. Balance amount can be taken in the form of Traveller's Cheque, banker's draft or Prepaid Travel Cards. Exceptions to this rule are the following:
How do I know that my order is confirmed?
Once you complete your order on BookYourForex.in, we will send you a confirmation mail to the email address you enter during your order letting you know that your order is confirmed. In this mail, you will be provided with a "Unique Order Reference Number" along with your order details and the documents you'll need when you complete the order. We also make it a point to call each of our customers right after the order is booked to answer any queries you may have.
Do I need to register (create an account) in order to book an order on BookYourForex.in?
No you don't need to maintain an account or create a login ID to book an order on BookYourForex. Just choose the products you want to buy/sell/remit on our homepage, then choose the city you're located in and click on "GO"!
Are there any charges for door delivery?
Door delivery charges may vary per city to a certain extent. In most cities, door delivery charges are as follows:
• If order total is under Rs. 25,000 - no door delivery is possible
• If order total is between Rs. 25,000 and Rs, 74,999 - Rs. 100 door delivery charge is applied
• If order total is over Rs. 75,000
- No door delivery charge will be applied
How long does it take you to provide doorstep delivery?
Orders received prior to 1 pm are delivered on the same business day. Any order received after 1 pm may still be delivered on the same business day but in the worst case we guarantee delivery on the next business day
What are the possible locations where I can complete my order and receive my foreign exchange or Indian Rupees (in case of sale)?
BookYourForex is tied up with several Banks & Channel Partners to create a network of over 5000 locations across 126 cities in India. There's a very good chance a partnering location exists in your neighborhood. To see the entire list of cities that we're present in, check out this link: https://www.BookYourForex.co.in/currency-exchange
Is it safe to use my credit/debit card on BookYourForex for booking fixed rate order?
Your online transaction on BookYourForex.in is processed over a secure HTTPS connection and secured with the highest levels of encryption available. . All credit card and debit card payments on BookYourForex are processed through a secure and trusted payment gateway and your credit card/ debit card/ netbanking info is never stored on our servers.
What does pay on delivery mean?
Pay on delivery means that you don?t have to pay anything until you receive your forex products. You can opt for pay on delivery by selecting the no obligation order on BookYourForex?s site.
How can I pay for the foreign exchange purchased on BookYourForex.in?
NUptoRs. 50,000, you can pay using any payment method including cash. If the total amount due exceeds Rs. 50,000 you are only allowed to pay using one of the following payment modes:
• Personal Cheque (Subject to clearance)
• Pay Order (Must accompany bank statement showing debit of this transaction)
• Demand Draft (Must accompany bank statement showing debit of this transaction)
Are rates published on BookYourForex.in updated?
The rates published on BookYourForex portal are updated on real time basis as they are connected to a live market data feed.
Can I purchase multiple currencies & products in one order?
Yes, you can add multiple currencies & products you wish to purchase in one order. You just need to add the currency/product in the order cart and proceed.
What is a fixed rate order?
* BookYourForex.in allows you to freeze the live rates that you see on the site. This option gives you the benefit of booking your order when you think rates are best. You will be required to pay 2% of the order total as an advance to guarantee/fix the rates. Advance payment will be adjusted in total billing at order completion. In case of a currency/ TC sale order, a fully refundable rate guarantee fee equal to 2% is required to be paid which is refunded along with the proceeds of the sale order at the time of order completion You can book a fixed rate order from 10.30AM to 4.30PM on weekdays excluding bank holidays.
What is a no obligation order?
No obligation means you don?t have to pay a single rupee to book the order. This is similar to a ?cash on delivery? model where you pay the entire amount due upon order completion. This order type, however, does not guarantee you a rate and the rates prevalent at the time of order completion are applied to your order. This type of order can be booked 24x7x365.
Are there any exceptions to the travel entitlement (limit) restrictions?
For Travelers proceeding to Iraq or Libya exchange in the form of currency notes may be sold up to limit not exceeding US$ 5,000 or its equivalent per resident individual in a financial year (total USD 10000)? For Travelers proceeding to the Islamic Republic of Iran, Russian Federation and other Republics of Commonwealth of Independent States, entire exchange (USD 10000) can be released in the form of currency notes. ? Travelers proceeding to Pakistan, Bangladesh or Myanmar by land route are eligible up to limit of US$ 10,000 or its equivalent per resident individual in a calendar year. ? For Airline staff, open ticket may be accepted. Proof of Airline staff will be required by the bank
What is the foreign exchange entitlement (limit) for education/ studies overseas?
• US$ 100,000 per annum towards tuition fees, maintenance expenses books, etc. • Personal Visit entitlement (USD 10,000 / annum) can be availed over and above the specified amount under this scheme.